How to Change Registered Office of One Person Company?
One Person Company (OPC) is a new type of private company that is incorporated based on the number of members. An OPC requires only one member and director, wherein both can be the same person. You also need to appoint a nominee who will take care of the company after incapacity or death of the member. Every company must get his registered office within 15 days of receiving its Certificate of Incorporation (COI). We discos to Change Registered Office of One Person Company. This is mandatory as per Section 12 of Companies Act, 2013. It also needs to submit address proof of the registered office within 30 days of its incorporation. A change of registered office falls under three categories, viz.
- Change of registered office within the state as well as within the jurisdiction of the same Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- Change of registered office within the state but outside one ROC's jurisdiction and into another's jurisdiction.
- Change of registered office from one state to another.
Change of address within the state
If the registered office of an OPC is changed within the state then a verification needs to be conducted. It should then be filed with the Registrar in relevant form along with the prescribed fees. The following documents must be attached to the form:
- If the premises is rented, then notarized rent or lease agreement in the name of the company along with rent receipts must be submitted. You must also attach an authorization letter from the owner allowing the tenant to use the premises as its registered office. The ownership documents of the landlord must also be attached for verification.
- Title deed, if the company owns the premises. The title of the premises must be in the name of the company along with utility bills like electricity bill, telephone bill etc. The bills must not be older than 2 months.
Change of address within State but from one ROC to another
To change the registered office of an OPC within the state but outside jurisdiction of one ROC and within another, following steps must be followed.
In case of such a change a company needs to file application with Regional Director in required Form along with prescribed fees. The company shall also publish a public notice depicting change of address in an English and vernacular newspaper. It shall also send an individual notice to each creditor, debenture holder and depositor telling them about the change.
Change of registered office from one state to another means change in the Situation clause of Memorandum of Association (MOA). A company must take prior approval of Central Government. Such a change must also be notified to every creditor, depositor and debenture holder. The approval must be filed with both the ROCs. Fresh COI will be issued by the ROC where the registered office of OPC is being shifted to.
I hope you have liked this article on ' How to Change Registered Office of One Person Company? ', if yes please comment below. For more information you can visit www.registrationsindia.com
Let us know your Registration, Taxation & Compliance Requirements