List of statutory registers as per Companies Act, 2013
Registration of a private limited company or a public company is easy under Companies Act, 2013 but the Act requires you to comply with many provisions. One of them is through maintenance of books of accounts and statutory registers i.e. List of statutory registers as per Companies Act 2013. An entity must mandatorily maintain books of accounts for at least 8 years preceding the current financial year.
According to the provisions of Companies Act, 2013 and Company rules, a company must maintain certain registers and update them on a regular basis. Such registers must be kept at the registered office of the company and should be open to inspection by directors, legal authorities, members of company and shareholders. The registers that need to maintained are:
- Form SH-6: This statutory register is of employees stock options.
- Form SH-3: This register is for sweat equity shares.
- Form SH-2: This is the register for renewed and duplicate share certificate.
- MGT-3: The register is of members, beneficial owners and security holders who reside outside India. It must be maintained as per Section 88(4) and Rule 7 of Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014.
- MGT-2: This register is of debenture holders and must be maintained as per Section 88(1) of the Act and Rule 4 of Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014.
- MGT-1: MGT-1 is the register of members which must be maintained as per Section 88(1) of the Act and Rule 3(1) of Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014.
- Form SH-10: The register is of Shares and securities bought back.
- Register of deposits.
- Register of directors and key managerial personnels: Must be maintained as per Section 170(1) of the Act.
- Form CH-7: This register is of charges.
- Form MBP-2: This is a register of loans, guarantee, security and acquisition by company.
- Form MBP-3: This register is of investments that are not held in its own name.
- Form MBP-4: This is a statutory register of contracts or arrangements in which directors are interested.
- Index of members.
- Index of debenture holders.
- Register and Index of beneficial owners.
Hope you have liked this article on List of statutory registers as per Companies Act 2013. Please share and comment below.
For more information you can visit www.registrationsindia.com
Let us know your Registration, Taxation & Compliance Requirements