As per Section 12 of Companies Act, 2013 a company needs to have a registered office within 15 days of receiving its Certificate of Incorporation (COI). It shall also submit address verification within 30 days of its incorporation. How to Change the Address of Private Limited Company? To Change of address can be classified into three types:
- Change of registered office of Private Limited Company within the state.
- Change of registered office of Private Limited Company within the state but outside ROC's jurisdiction.
- Change of registered office of Private Limited Company from one state to another.
Change of address of Private Limited Company within the state
If the address of the registered office changes within the state, then as per Rule 25 of Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 a verification needs to be done and filed with the Registrar in Form No. INC-22 along with the prescribed fees. The following documents need to be attached as well:
- In case of a rented premises, notarized rent or lease agreement in the name of the company along with rent receipts and authorization letter from the owner allowing the tenant to use the premises as its registered office. The ownership documents of the landlord are also required to be attached.
- If the company owns the premises then documents showing title of the premises in the name of the company along with utility bills like electricity bill, telephone bill etc. not older than 2 months.
Change of address of Private Limited Company from one ROC to another
- In case of such a change a company needs to file application with Regional Director in Form No. INC-23 along with prescribed fees.
- The company shall also publish a notice depicting change of address in a daily English and vernacular newspaper.
- It shall also send an individual notice to each creditor, debenture holder and depositor telling them about the change.
Inter-state change of address of Private Limited Company
Change of registered office from one state to another amounts to change in the Situation clause of MOA and requires prior approval of Central Government in Form No. INC-23. The change is also to be notified to every creditor, depositor and debenture holder. The approval shall be filed with both the ROCs. The ROC where the registered office is being shifted shall issue a fresh COI.
To change the address of Private Limited Company you can contact RegistrationsIndia. Registrations India provides Registration, Taxation & Compliance services for you business.
Hope you have liked our article on " How to Change the Address of Private Limited Company? ". Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Let us know your Registration, Taxation & Compliance Requirements