The Companies Act, 2013 makes it mandatory for every private company in India to be registered in order to commence its business. The registration or incorporation of a private limited company is the process by which an entity comprising of 7 or more persons be registered by the Registrar of Companies. The registration of the company shall be done according to the procedure laid down in the Companies Act. Following is the list of documents required for private limited company registration.
Documents required by the Director-
The first step of the registration process is to obtain Director Identification Number (DIN). To obtain DIN, the following documents are required by the director of the private limited company.
1. An identity proof (pan card) is required. The identity proof must include the name of the applicant, applicant’s father’s name, his date of birth etc.
2. Foreign national applicants are required to submit a copy of their passport as an identity proof.
3. The directors of the private limited company are required to submit proof of their residence. Following documents can be submitted as proof of residence:
● Voter Identity Card
● Driving License
● Ration card
● Electricity Bill
● Telephone Bill
● Bank Account Statement
All the above mentioned documents required for private limited company registration shall be in the name of the applicant and not older than one month.
4. A high resolution passport size photograph of the applicant in JPEG format must be submitted.
The applicant shall-self attest the copies of the aforementioned documents. The copies shall also be scanned and sent to the concerned authority via email.
Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
The Companies Act requires formation of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the private limited company that is to be registered. The Memorandum and articles of association should be duly signed by all the subscribers of the memorandum and shall include their name, address, description and occupation.
An affidavit from each director of the company and its subscriber must be submitted to the Registrar. The affidavit shall state that the director or subscriber
1. Has not been convicted of any offence relating to the promotion, formation or management of any previous company.
2. Hasn’t been found guilty of any fraud or misfeasance or breach of duty to any company under the Companies Act for the last 5 years.
3. That all the documents filed with the Registrar are true and correct to the best belief and knowledge of the person signing the affidavit.
Declaration by a professional
Registration of a private limited company also requires submission of a declaration in the prescribed format by an advocate, chartered accountant or company secretary in practice. It shall state that all the requirements and rules for the registration of the company have been complied with. The declaration shall also be signed by the director, manager or secretary of the company.
Correspondence address for company’s office
At the time of applying for registration of a private limited company, a correspondence address of the company should be submitted till the time the registered office is established.
Particulars of subscribers
Each subscriber to the coma shall submit such documents that contains his particulars such as name, surname, residential address, nationality, date of birth, place of birth, education qualification, email id, and phone number.
The subscriber is also required to submit
1. Identity proof
It is compulsory to submit PAN card as identity proof. Along with this, any one of the following documents can be submitted:
● Voter’s identity card
● Passport copy
● Driving License copy
● Unique Identification Number (UIN)
2. Proof of Residence
3. Proof of Nationality
4. Signature and passport size photograph
5. If the subscriber is a body corporate, then the name of the body corporate, registered office address and Corporate Identity Number should be submitted.
All the above-mentioned documents are required for private limited company registration in India. It should be attached to the SPICe form and submitted to the Registrar of Companies.